Thursday, July 7, 2011

Start up, Shut down

Hey, you know, I am an IITian. I am the most brainy person in the world. Any company, any job is just not good enough for me. No manager can manage me. I am the captain of my life. I ought to be doing my own "things". Why should someone else reap the benefits of my work? CRAP, all of this is crap.

I am now two years into my job life at the moment, and its high time I said something on some of my beliefs in this respect.

No offense to some of my friends who are intending to open their own company in near future or have already done so, but if one or more of your reasons for doing this were listed above, I am afraid, your start-up will just make-up the numbers and belong to the 'crowd' of start-ups, which you know, fail.

But then, you could well have a great idea and the ability to think and plan about all the numerous nuances, and the hard work to back it all. Chances are your start-up could well be "the chosen one". Go ahead! Change the world for good!

The problem is, people are obsessed with just the 'idea' part. Ability and hard work are the ingredients often missed by people to make a successful dish out of it. You really think Apple is successful because of its products and breakthrough technologies? Wrong. Its the marketing champion called Steve Jobs who has made you believe in that bullshit. "Introducing iPhone 5, as much as 5 nanometers thinner than iPhone 4, so that it can slickly fit into your pocket".

Then, there are some people who want their own start-up, but are constrained. Lack of risk appetite, lack of knowledge and work experience, and so on. No urgency, time will come. And then, there are some who don't want a start-up at all. A hearty congratulations to them, you are doing your dream job. Your life is perfect! I envy you.

Hey wait, I know the recipe of a successful start-up, so why don't I make one from it? That's simple, I don't have the ingredients with me at the moment, but I promise, I will have them sometime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment